Laboratory Technician (Fire Assay)ID:546674,000 MYR ~ 6,000 MYRJohor Bahru17 days ago
4,000 MYR ~ 6,000 MYR
- Assist with the day-to-day running of the laboratory for precious metals testing.
- Receive and label all samples brought into the lab for accountability.
- Prepare samples from drying, crushing, splitting and pulverising.
- Mix fluxing reagents and load samples in furnace for the fire assay.
- Mix reagents for acid digestions.
- Perform fire assay techniques such as fluxing, fusing and cupellation of samples in correct numerical order.
- Perform smelting and sample extraction of precious metals as and when required
- Assist with the set-up of laboratory, prepare the SOPs for Fire Assay techniques.
- Monitor analytical processes and take remedial action where deviations / discrepancies arise impacting on the quality of analytical results.
- Report any apparatus or equipment which, to your knowledge, is not functioning correctly to the Lab Manager
- Testing of precious metals scraps through cupellation method (fire assaying).
- Evaluate, validate, ensure and report technical accuracy of reporting analytical results.
- Monitor analytical processes and take remedial actions where deviations / discrepancies arise impacting the quality of analytical results.
- Re-analyse analysis samples when control results are not within the acceptable range.
- Inspect samples, fusions, lead buttons and prills to ensure the assaying method is correct.
- Maintain records and accountability of materials (samples and standards) and equipment used.
- Report any apparatus or equipment which, to your knowledge, is not functioning correctly to the Lab manager
- Procurement and placement of all consumables, equipment and fixtures.
- Assist in the general / preventive maintenance of equipment and housekeeping of the laboratory.
- Maintain and record equipment faults.
- Troubleshooting of analysis methods.
- Ensure and maintain work areas and equipment are clean, tidy and organised.
- Assist with overtime planning in consultation with the Lab Manager.
- Assist with control and time keeping administration.
- Maintain productivity and turnaround time.
- Assist with the application and maintenance of all necessary governmental licenses related to the laboratory. (Eg: DoE, DOSH, BOMBA, Poison Act etc.)
- Promote and implement workplace safety initiatives
- Ensure and maintain proper sample disposal of cupels, fire assay lead wastes or water generated as a part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with the disposal regulations and requirements.
- React appropriately and immediately to emergency situations and assists other employees in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies within the workplace.
- Minimum Diploma qualification in Chemistry or its related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Fire Assayer.
- Demonstrated understanding of the analytical processes in Fire Assay and the analysis process.
- Knowledge in safe handling of industrial chemicals.
- Have experience in selecting and setting up of equipment and processes to recover precious metals including gold, silver, platinum, palladium, rhodium is an advantage.
- Possess experience and the ability to operate ICP / XRF is an advantage.
- Must be willing to work overtime whenever necessary.
Bonus, insurance coverage, medical coverage, have an opportunity to work in silver and gold manufacturing
Please sign in.