Rubber Technologist ID:503079,000 MYR ~ 11,000 MYROther Kedah District
1. Lead Laboratory and test technician, Senior / Engineering Associate to support rubber compound activities and projects.
2. Leads development projects for both local, production sites, including co-development with corporate engineers
• Provides cost-efficient R&D project (Rubber)
• Encourages creativity in R&D teams
• Actively searches for best-in-class technologies among competitors and develops innovation roadmap
• Cooperates closely with product managers to assure customer focus and target costing; co-develops product roadmaps
3. Prepare and provide weekly and monthly updates to Senior Management on the status of RnD projects/activities.
4. Effectively coordinate and site development teams on projects that include design, rubber formula validation, manufacturing, production test development, qualifications and production ramp.
5. Establishes and maintains operational budgets for his team personnel and equipment
6. Supports R&D projects at group level participating in meetings and sharing technical information and "best-practices”
Key Result Area:
1. Thorough and up-to-date project schedules with all related milestones.
2. Qualification plan development and implementation.
3. Weekly management and communication on status of each project.
4. Success will be measured by the ability to grow the number of new products and drive the forecasted return on investment.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI):
1. Product cost optimization ( Profit due to improve rubber compound and manufacturability)
2. New production introduction (NPI) effectiveness
3. Time to market
- Education Background : Degree in engineering
- Experience :Min 10 years experiences in managing R&D activities (Rubber or Polymer)
- Required Skills:
• Experienced in working with RnD activities within schedule, cost and quality.
• Must be able to plan the project using Project management software from Assess Opportunity Phase to Release to Market (RTM).
• Understand and conduct failure analysis; PFMEA / DFMEA / DOE
• Preparation of FMEA, Test and validation report for management review and approval.
• Responsible to make sure the project meets objectives, and comes in on time and budget.
• Manage weekly new project team meetings that facilitate the development process.
• Provide regular updates to GM, CEO and Product Line Manager on the status of projects. Leading teams in product execution and most importantly “New Product Success”.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Conflict Management and Problem Solving
• Experienced in leading cross functional teams.
• Coaching and people management
3. Management Skills:
• Strong interpersonal leadership and communications skills (both verbal and written)
• Planning and organization skill
Please sign in.