Refining Manager (Precious Metals Recovery)ID:546698,000 MYR ~ 10,000 MYRJohor Bahru9 days ago
8,000 MYR ~ 10,000 MYR
- oversees and manages all operations related to the recovery and refining of precious metals, ensuring efficient and effective processing and recovery of valuable materials.
- Help with the set-up of our precious metals’ recovery and refining laboratory and systems.
- Manage and supervise day-to-day recovery and refining operations, ensuring adherence to safety protocols, quality standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor and optimize the performance of recovery and refining processes, identifying opportunities for efficiency improvements and cost savings.
- Collaborate with the laboratory team to develop and implement refining procedures that maximise precious metals recovery while minimising environmental impact.
- Continuously evaluate and update equipment, technologies, and methods to enhance the recovery and refining process.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including production, quality control, business development and marketing to resolve any analytical or quality-related issues.
- Maintain and calibrate (if necessary) laboratory equipment to ensure accurate and reliable results.
- Ensure the development and implementation of quality control procedures, protocols and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Document and maintain comprehensive and accurate records of laboratory experiments, results, and observations.
- Organize and maintain operating data that can be used to predict and avoid future processing problems as the performance of the plant is refined over time.
- Actively involved in the process of determining proportions of precious metals scraps.
- Provide technical expertise, execution and recovery/ refining solutions by analysing materials and its data for accuracy and consistency.
- Execute and validate analytical methods for the identification, quantification and characterisation of precious metals scraps including gold, silver, platinum, palladium and rhodium.
- Determine the purity and composition of precious metals samples and compare them against established standards and regulations.
- Oversee the quality control process, conduct regular inspections, and implement corrective actions as necessary to maintain product quality and purity
- Analyse and verify the precious metal content in various materials. Evaluate and interpret analytical data, ensuring accuracy and precision in measurements and reporting.
- Monitor and manage inventory levels of raw materials, chemicals, and consumables required for the recovery and refining processes.
- Prepare regular reports, analyse production data, metal yields, costs, and trends, and present findings to the senior management.
- Develop and implement inventory control measures to ensure accurate tracking and minimize losses.
- Provide weekly reporting to senior management team on all recovery, refining and metallurgical process and/or test in progress.
- Develop safety awareness and safety culture
- Implement and enforce safety protocols, conduct regular safety training, and investigate and report incidents promptly.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations related to recovery and refining processes, hazardous materials handling, and workplace safety.
- Stay updated on industry trends, technological advancements, and regulatory changes relevant to the precious metals recovery and refining business.
- Provide training, assessment and documentation for all refining, recovery and metallurgical work completed in support of the cross-function teams.
- Mentor and train new lab personnel to further understand metallurgical methodology and application of processes.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree qualification in either Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Metallurgy or its related field.
- Proven experience of more than 5 years working in the precious metals recovery industry, demonstrating expertise in recovery and refining processes and technologies.
- Requires strong expertise in metallurgy, recovery and refining techniques to ensure the analysis result is accurate and the quality is up to the required standard.
- Able to take ownership in planning, prioritising, possess analytical thinking for opportunities, challenges face and to mitigate any risks involved.
- In-depth experience, knowledge, and background in processing precious metals recovery, refining and metallurgy.
- Ability to work with a multi-cultural team environment and excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data, analyse trends, and make data-driven decisions.
- Must be able to lift 20 kg unaided.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively present information to diverse audiences.
- Strong knowledge of environmental regulations and best practices in hazardous materials handling.
- Must be willing to work overtime whenever necessary.
Please sign in.