This job is closed
System Engineer (Windows)ID:520576,000 MYR ~ 8,000 MYRPutrajaya/Cyberjaya
To work on a daily basis with customers to provide installation, commissioning, fault diagnosis, repair and maintenance service on range of system and peripheral products. To become familiar with operating systems and diagnostic tools used in hardware and software system support and maintenance. To resolve known hardware and software problems and to assist in the determination of unknown problems.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES :
1. Identify causes of equipment breakdown utilizing test equipment and diagnostic aids, and take remedial action for Windows server.
2. On Site Support, installation and infrastructure configuration, planning and design for Microsoft Windows/VMware server.
3. Provide Day-to-day support, maintenance, implement and setup for servers/storage, mainly Windows/VMware based servers.
4. Provide technical consultation and recommendations to customer.
5. Responsible for Performance, Capacity & Availability Management.
6. Disaster Recovery testing and commissioning.
7. Perform System recovery- Rebuild server including hardware, operating system software and data recovery.
8. Maintain regular contact with customer operations staff and ensure that problem areas are identified and agreed and action plans produced and implemented in order to avoid adverse customer reactions.
9. Maintain a productive and harmonious relationship with the customer and internally in order to enhance FUJITSU’s image.
10. Maintain contact with customers operations staff and ensure actual or potential problem areas are identified to his/her manager.
11. To provide assistance and support to less experienced engineers in the closure of difficult system or equipment breakdown calls.
12. To advise and guide customers on general environment condition, site preparation and ensure that requirements are adhered to by customers.
13. To observe and abide by company ISO 9001 quality procedures and processes in his delivery of his duties, services and support to our customers.
14. At times, to conduct internal training for junior engineers on relevant acquired skills and knowledge.
- Education: Tertiary or professional qualification, (preferably major in computer science, information technology or equivalent).
- Experience: Over 4 years of below related experience,
• Good troubleshooting skill in Microsoft Windows NT/2000/2003/2008 OS.
• Able to do 1st and 2nd system support for Windows/VMware server.
• Knowledge in WINS, DNS, DHCP, NFS, LDAP and security management.
• Experience with server capacity planning, utilization review & performance monitoring.
• Experience in supporting and maintaining Microsoft ActiveDirectory.
• Experience With Microsoft ActiveDirectory migration.
• Experience in Symantec Backup Solutions, e.g Backup Exec.
• Experience in supporting VMWare/ESX.
• Knowledge in SAN solutions.
• Knowledge or experience in Disaster recovery drill test.
• Knowledge working with Remote access tools such as PCAnywhere, VNC, Terminal Server and Citrix.
• Knowledge working with MS SQL, MS Exchange will have an added advantage.
- Certificate: Candidate with professional certifications and experience such as MCSE/MCITP or equivalent MS certification.
• Self-starters, able to work independently, display initiative, keen to take responsibility and learn quickly on the job.
• Adaptable and flexible to changing environment and needs.
• Able to work under pressure and manage conflicting priorities and deadlines.
• Professional, organized, self-motivated and results oriented.
• Able to demonstrate strong analytical skills with experience of complex problem solving.
• Strong in interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent team players with strong customer focus.
• Able to travel.
>> ANNUAL LEAVE
Less than 2 years - 14 days
2 – 5 years - 16 days
More than 5 years - 20 days
>> FLEXI BENEFITS
Annual maximum benefit for the full-time permanent employee and his/her member of immediate family is as follows and subject to the respective conditions: -
(a) Employees with family (spouse and including unmarried & unemployed children up to 24 years old) – RM3,300.00
(b) Employee (Single) – RM2,050.00
Below are the items covered under the benefits:
a) General Practitioner
b) Outpatient Specialist
d) Health Screening
e) Fertility Treatment
f) Alternative Treatment
g) Pre and Post Maternity
h) Fitness Membership / Classes
j) Self-Development Courses
k) Children’s Education (School & Tuition Fees)
>> INSURANCE COVERAGE
>> Sales Commission scheme is 60:40 pay mix; 60% of base salary and 40% of variable pay.